GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position will be responsible for assisting all departments in the design and production of materials in both electronic and print formats for public presentation and distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide design work for CCD programs, events, sponsorship, and other events;
- Provide website, email newsletter, and social media design as needed;
- Assist with maintaining a library of photographic and electronic images belonging to the CCD;
- Provide photographic assistance as needed;
- Work closely with Senior Creative Director to determine best practices and desired results.
“These are the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.”
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Graphic design major or enrolled in a related degree program;
- Knowledge of digital media software – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design and other graphic design software;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power Point;
- Ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be on time for events and meet deadlines;
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Be available for at least 20 hours a week;
- Ability to communicate professionally over the phone and email;
- Flexibility to work select special events outside regular office hours, when needed;
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, a reference check and a drug screening.
- Great introduction to and experience in event marketing and environmental graphic design;
- Class credit (if applicable);
- One-on-one guidance and support by working professionals in the design and marketing industry.
The position requires that the employee have the ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, reach with arms and hands, and lift objects.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.