GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the Center CIty District's efforts to attract new and better retailers to Center City and work with property owners, developers and retailers to create and promote vibrant comercial corridors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise and assistance to the Vice President of Marketing to develop and promote the retail sector for Center City District (CCD);
- Act as CCD’s liaison to the retail brokerage community and International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)—coordination of PA, NY and Las Vegas shows;
- Coordinate details of and prep work for ICSC events;
- Plan and coordinate quarterly stakeholder meetings and report on outcomes, goals and actions required for further follow up;
- Coordinate closely with Director of Research & Transportation Policy to insure that research, pedestrian counts and surveys are of use to and supportive of retail attraction efforts and are routinely distributed to retailers and brokers;
- Work with Research dept. to conduct customized research projects as needed for brokers, retailers, etc.;
- Work with V.P. of Marketing and Senior Manager of Retail Marketing & Events to lead the effort to coordinate programming, Public Relations, advertising, etc. to rebrand Market East;
- Coordinate with outside consultants on opportunities for positive PR;
- Write and coordinate with members of CCD’s interactive team the publication/posting of monthly bulletins and quarterly e-mails to brokers, retailers, and other relevant contacts necessary to further develop the Center City retail sector;
- Schedule and collect agenda items for monthly PRMA communications meetings, plan the meetings and make sure attendance is appropriate;
- Assist the CCD in coordination and production of retail attraction collateral. Provide expertise relating to content, layout and audience;
- Set up and conduct regular phone calls, meetings or other communications protocols with brokers and outside developers and investors to obtain leads on potential and existing vacancies and who’s looking for space to lease or buy;
- Build relationships with Center City merchant associations and mall management, attending meetings, sharing promotional opportunities etc. Work with these groups, when appropriate to shape advocacy on public spaces and real estate policy.
- Collect details on vacant spaces and research updates to be posted on web;
- Communicate collected information to the designated list on the retail committee;
- Work with public relations team and retail promotion team to give them leads on new openings;
- Work on a survey for shopping constituents which shows demand for new retail stores;
- Work with Senior Manager of Retail Marketing & Events to give input on strategy and tactics for Shop Center City Campaign;
- As needed, work non-retail marketing events, meetings, and participate in planning and budgeting processes.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with experience in Commercial Property or Retail Brokerage business, Real Estate, Planning, and/or Urban Development a plus.
- One to two years of relevant experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to identify and cultivate new prospects;
- Ability to succeed goals;
- Possess strong follow-up skills;
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give to the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities normally attendant to the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he/she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell, and lift objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please