TEMPORARY POSITION: JULY THROUGH DECEMBER 2019
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position will be responsible for (a) coordinating the physical, logistical and technical set up/breakdown of rental and promotional events in Center City District (CCD) parks and (b) managing all outside vendors and contractors who are supporting the event to insure that they observe the weight, servicing, delivery and other logistical constraints in order to protect the CCD’s investment in each park’s infrastructure. The Manager of Events Logistics will be the primary point of contact and be responsible for managing on-site contractors, vendors, producers and any CCD part-time staff or contracted event staff for load-in, load-out of the event, as well as coordinate with and work across departments to ensure a successful CCD –sponsored or external event. Activities may include set-up, clean-up, housekeeping, security, and will require excellent working relationships with the appropriate Vice President, Venue Sales Specialists or Marketing staff, to ensure a successful event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quickly become familiar with and have a working knowledge of the various mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems and weight load requirements and operating protocols for the facilities at all CCD parks;
- Maintain a comprehensive log/file of mechanical drawings, certified engineering studies, etc. for use in determining acceptable weight loads on various locations in the parks;
- Participate in regularly scheduled CCD event logistics meetings to evaluate and plan all events in parks;
- Participate in site visits and presentations to potential rental clients;
- Manages client needs form for contracted vendors to include CCD standard operating procedures;
- Participate, as necessary in one or more pre-event conferences to communicate to clients and their contractors both standard operating procedures and specific rules for the event;
- The Events Logistics Manager (ELM) will monitor the internal CCD Events Calendar to anticipate the timing and logistics for all upcoming events;
- CCD Marketing or Rental staff will request the number of part-time staff needed; the Events Logistics Manager will evaluate requests and schedule staff;
- Once an event is scheduled, serve as the primary CCD contact for vendors and subcontractors for tents, catering, staging, parking for vendors, and other events logistics as well as with City agencies, relating to all events in CCD parks;
- Serve as the manager of CCD part-time staff when they are handling event logistics.
- The ELM will communicate and complete required payroll forms for any part-time CCD employees assigned to support the event and submit to payroll/Human Resources Department;
- The Director of Business Services, or his designee, shall have the primary responsibility to communicate directly with clients and customers.
- The VP for Marketing, or her designee, shall have the primary responsibility to communicate directly with clients and customers;
- Manages the Certificates of Insurance (COI) for each vendor for each rental event and keeps current COI on file for regular vendors);
- Oversee all set-ups and take down logistics for events, coordinating and communicating with all relevant CCD departments about the timing for their respective responsibilities;
- Communicate and complete necessary forms and documents for event execution;
- Serve as the prime on-site CCD staff person overseeing the set up and breakdown of events and insuring that the parking, loading and set-up is consistent with client/event’s specifications and consistent with CCD guidelines, requirements and constraints for the site;
- Assure that CCD properties are not damaged during the set-up, breakdown or the event;
- Manages the safety aspects of vendors and staff related to OSHA safe practices as well as securing the work area with appropriate signage and barricades;
- Assures that during the event CCD mechanical functions are used in accordance with the event plan. Troubleshoots any mechanical issues during the event;
- During the event, coordinate with other CCD staff assigned to the event and continue to be one of the client’s on-site contacts along with rentals lead and/or the marketing lead;
- Works with Human Resources Department to interview and hire staff;
- Manages weekly staff schedules and processes staff payroll;
- Manages job descriptions and duties of event staff;
- Handles staff discipline and performance planning in coordination with Human Resources;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings-late nights-weekends and holidays.
“These are the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.”
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional in related area preferred;
- Three to four years’ experience in facility sales and event management within the performing arts or hospitality industries.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detailed experience with planning for major events; familiarity with front of house, catering and production related requirements (sound systems, staging) as they pertain to event management;
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating across departments in an organization to set up venue and help to finalize all logistics this is more a function than an ability;
- Solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task and exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to client satisfaction;
- Experience with facility management;
- Ability to handle numerous projects and details;
- Ability to quickly and smoothly negotiate unanticipated changes and needs;
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in a high pressure situations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to include time management skills;
- Experience in IATSE houses desirable;
- Experience with multi-venue operations;
- The ability to coordinate numerous events concurrently, establishes priorities, and responds positively, effectively and quickly to continually shifting priorities and needs;
- Ability to adapt and change with a growing organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License;
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give to the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities normally attendant to the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he/she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell, and lift objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, a reference check and a drug screening.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.