(January 2019 through May 2019)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Research Assistant is responsible for supporting Center City District’s research and analysis functions, including in-field primary data collection, analysis of data, and writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides research assistance for CCD’s annual State of Center City report, including:
- Analysis of proprietary and public data sources, including charting, graphing, and mapping of data as assigned;
- Drafting and revising written analyses for publication.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills, and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with public data access systems, including American FactFinder, BLS Databases, BEA iTables, and Open Data Philly.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with Stata and/or ArcGIS is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow written/oral directions, work cooperatively with others, and maintain established relationships with external partners, stakeholders, clients, and vendors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give to the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities normally attendant to the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he/she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell, and lift objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.