GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Center City District is hiring for Seasonal Part-time Positions to oversee positive experiences and activities in Dilworth and Sister Cities Parks. To apply, please fill out the online part-time seasonal staff job application form.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing play at the fountain;
- Providing exceptional customer service;
- Assuring adherence to park rules and regulations are followed including following guidelines and cleaning practices issued by the CDC;
- Performing light maintenance such as litter removal, keeping fountain, pond, and garden areas tidy, and skimming debris from pond as needed;
- Reporting problems immediately;
- Working events under the direct supervision of a fulltime CCD employee.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred;
- Be 18 years or older;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ work experience or six (6) months experience as Park Attendant or related field, Customer Service experience, preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work outdoors in the elements;
- Ability to give excellent customer service;
- Ability to work nontraditional hours, a flexible schedule that will and/or include early evening and weekend hours, holidays are included;
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely.
- Well organized and disciplined.
- Ability to take the initiative when necessary.
- Ability to respond calmly to an emergency situation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATION:
- Must have the ability to pass First Aid/CPR certification course.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, reference check, and physical and drug screenings;
- Required to wear a uniform shirt or other required attire.
Pay Rate: $14.75 per hour
To apply, please fill out the online part-time seasonal staff job application form.
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.