GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position is a working manager position that will focus on the operation and maintenance of CCD’s high profile parks and streetscape amenities and lighting: Dilworth Park, Sister Cities Park, Collins Park, Cret Park and 255 city blocks which are the boundaries of the CCD. The overall work schedule requires a second shift and partial weekend shift which runs from Sunday to Thursday which may vary seasonally. The individual will work with private property owners and others on fee-for-service projects that expand the inventory of streetscape improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Parks & Streetscape Operations, the Park Facilities & Streetscapes Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the operations of the maintenance associated with all of CCD assets along with monitoring/surveying to ensure that the parks and streetscape spaces managed by CCD are maintained to the highest standards.
The Park Facilities & Streetscapes Manager will also assist, as needed the Director of Park Operations with the preparation of monthly reports and the management of onsite contractors after regular operating hours. The Park Facilities & Streetscapes Manager may act for the Director of Park Operations & Public Spaces in the latter’s absence or as required by events/rentals and as a third back up behind the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager.
This position will also assist with coordinating and supervising the activities of the CCD field personnel, help ensure the proper use and maintenance of equipment and infrastructure, in accordance with in-house protocols and applicable rules and laws.
This is primarily a field position requiring regular weekend work with a work schedule that includes evening hours and weekends. Work hours may vary based on seasonal needs; primary work schedule will be Sundays, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Monday thru Thursday, from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Create a secure, well maintained and welcoming environment;
- Complete monthly night surveys on all CCD lighting assets to include but not limited to, City Hall Lighting, Avenue of the Arts Lighting, Pedestrian Lighting, Under Pass Lighting and Façade Lighting;
- Directly schedule any and all repairs found during lighting surveys using facility staff and/or contractors, as require;
- Assist with deliveries as needed to the parks and at the 8th Street property;
- Oversee and coordinate with the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager and facilities staff the storage and handling of in-house materials and parts inventory;
- Coordinate and complete streetscape maintenance as assigned in a timely manner;
- Respond to emergency situations during the shift;
- Work with private contractors to monitor and control rodent issues at CCD parks;
- Oversee and schedule maintenance of CCD park equipment;
- Work independently on projects and coordinate with the Senior Director of Capital Projects, to manage small-scale capital improvement projects;
- Assist the Sr. Director of Capital Projects in tracking expenditures and invoices;
- Ensure that proper standards are followed in the storing of all chemicals and maintaining updated MSDS sheets;
- Work with the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager to ensure compliance with safe working practices and assist with on-site safety inspections;
- With limited supervision be able to manage contracts, contractors to support assigned duties and develop and maintain processes that assure compliance to contracts, call and attend small-scale construction and contractual support meetings as necessary;
- Assist in planning and preparing long and short term maintenance schedules;
- Coordinate the removal of snow and ice with CCD vendors during your shift, as directed by the Director of Park Operations;
- Work with private property owners and others, as needed and in conjunction with other Public Spaces team members on fee-for-service projects that expand the inventory of streetscape improvements;
- Assist in developing budget projections for the department;
- May act for the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager in the latter’s absence or as required by events/rentals and as a third backup behind the Director of Park Operations for night time event/rental take down operations ensuring that the park is ready for public opening in the morning.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
- Supervise work of facilities technician staff and contractors, if required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work productively with multiple constituencies, including colleagues, public agencies, vendors, contractors, and the general public;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks;
- Ability to understand schematics;
- Ability to work safely with power tools, small motorized equipment, and vehicles;
- Able to work alone or in groups, in all weather conditions and be self-motivated;
- Comprehensive knowledge of current maintenance practices and procedures;
- Comprehensive knowledge of most mechanical equipment;
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems and control consoles;
- Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports;
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and or technology;
- Ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks and responsibilities;
- Proficiency with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.;
- Strong commitment to the quality of the public environment;
- Commitment to maintaining a safe workplace environment for staff and visitors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, stoop, bend, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.