GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Center City District a private-sector business improvement district in Center City Philadelphia, seeks qualified and motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with families and children to oversee activities at Sister Cities Park and assist with other physical aspects relating to CCD owned and managed Parks. To ensure the park rules and regulations are followed in play and surrounding areas within the park, the Park Attendant oversees play at the pond, garden, and fountain, requests adherence to those rules and performs light maintenance of play areas to include following health and safety protocols for staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insures that park rules are followed including following guidelines and cleaning practices issued by the CDC;
- Skim debris from pond as needed throughout the shift;
- Keep pond, garden, fountain area tidy;
- Oversees the activities to create a safe environment for children and report problems immediately.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A high school diploma required, college degree in Early Childhood Education preferred;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience;
- General knowledge of routine maintenance procedures and techniques; some knowledge of water safety.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely.
- Well organized and disciplined.
- Ability to take the initiative when necessary.
- Ability to respond calmly to an emergency situation.
- Will need to work on some weekends.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATION:
- Must have the ability to pass First Aid/CPR certification course.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, a reference check, and a drug screening;
- May be required to wear a uniform shirt or other required attire.
Pay Rate: $13.75 per hour
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.