GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A full-time position that consists of coordinating marketing and events in CCD-managed parks and public spaces, along with other CCD related events. Marketing Coordinator will assist marketing team in developing event concepts and marketing plans, planning events and coordinating event logistics. Working onsite at events will be a significant part of coordinator position. Evenings, weekends and early mornings are expected, coordinated in conjunction with other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Manager of Marketing & Events and Director of Marketing & Events in recommending, developing, and implementing events/programs to ensure the successful animation of CCD managed/owned parks (Dilworth Park, Collins Park, Sister Cities Park and Cret Park) including: sourcing/booking entertainment, creating/ordering signage, fulfilling sponsorship packages, managing the promotional plan, scheduling staffing and all other event logistics; includes working onsite in the parks;
- Work with café operators to coordinate their event participation;
- Plan and implement employee events and work across departments, as needed;
- Schedule and coordinate staff holiday lunch and employee breakfast and other employee programs as needed;
- Assist with CCD, CPDC meetings and events as needed;
- Oversee part time summer employees;
- Organize and maintain various project timelines;
- Assist Director of Marketing and Events as needed with other events;
- Assist the retail team as needed with a variety of retail and marketing promotions;
- Maintain up to date and timely information on internal and external website calendars;
- Oversee event data entry on internal and external website calendars;
- Manage inventory of event supplies at various CCD locations;
- Maintain stock of CCD brochures and assist with brochure distribution and disposal;
- Oversee maintenance and organization of brochure/event supply storeroom. Compile yearly event calendars;
- Oversee onsite surveys;
- Assist with compiling ad book;
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks, as needed.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent from a four-year university;
- 1-2 years marketing experience, preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Can work evenings, weekends and early mornings as needed;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to handle multiple projects;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give to the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities normally attendant to the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he/she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell, and lift objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.