GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Marketing Assistant will support the marketing department with daily tasks, events, promotions and other duties as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be onsite at a variety of programs held in Dilworth Park, Sister Cities Park and other outdoor locations. Event duties can include: limited event set-up, assisting vendors and performers, counting attendees, along with other miscellaneous event tasks.
- Make follow up calls to bars and restaurants about Cocktails to Go and Restaurant Week.
- Follow-up calls/emails to restaurants for registration;
- Organize and develop distribution lists;
- Assist in updating webpage with participant information and menus.
- Assist in content creation for social media and website. This includes but is not limited to sourcing, taking photos, and posting information.
- Help to collect event information from retailers, restaurants and cultural institutions to include on website and in various capacities.
- Assist Director of Marketing and Marketing manager in coordinating event details.
- Assist in collection of ads, event results and other documentation for sponsorship reports and ad book.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required, prefer 1 to 2 years’ college training in Marketing, Hospitality or Communications.
HOURS AND AVAILABILITY:
- Seasonal position, May through mid-October;
- 3 – 5 days per week, nights and weekends included. Hours vary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written/oral directions; Work independently.
- Work cooperatively with others; being courteous to other employees, clients and vendors.
- Skill at computer use, proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Candidate should be pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Show enthusiasm, creativity and initiative to support events and programs.
- Prior experience in an office setting or team structure preferred.
- Demonstrate professional inter-personal, email and phone skills.
- Technical ability to work remotely and attend virtual planning and staff meetings until it is determined that the staff will return to the office.
- Good writing skills a plus.
- Interest in public spaces, a vibrant downtown, events, marketing and communications a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, reference check, and physical and drug screening.
- Sit at a desk for the length of the workday.
- Stand for up to 8 hours at outside events.
- Lift on a weekly basis up to 30 lbs.
- Use of hands and fingers to type on a computer keyboard.
- Reach with arms and hands to help with set-up and break down at various events.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl at various events to help with set up and break down.
- Talk with and hear supervisor daily.
To apply, please download and complete the CCD Employment Application [PDF | 529 KB] then email it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.