GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A full time position primarily consisting of the conceptualizing, planning and implementation retail promotional events and advertising and other CCD events on a daily basis and year-round. In addition, this person will develop in cooperation with the Vice President of Marketing and the Business Services Group the advertising, budget, promotional plan, sponsorship fulfillment and PR associated with approved events on an annual basis. The Manager of Retail Marketing & Events will also assist with the development of event concepts, and manage various meetings and information coordination to ensure successful events. During busy event seasons weekend and evening work may be expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the retail/economic development team to develop strategies for all aspects of retail promotion & attraction including research, surveys, collateral development, etc. related to the economic recovery of the retail sector in Center City;
- Work in conjunction with the Manager, Retail and Economic Development to stay in constant contact with the various neighborhood merchants’ associations and major retail shopping complexes to gauge needs, trends, and to communicate opportunities to participate in CCD promotions. Attend meetings, events, build and continually update email lists for all Center City retailers, etc.;
- Work cooperatively with the retail, web and social media team, VP of Marketing, Creative Director, ad agency, etc. on strategy and execution of the all retail campaigns;
- Develop the plan and budget, and manage the production of Center City District Restaurant Week, including management of outside consultants working on the promotion. Work with the Director of Billing & Collection Services to manage gift card inventory/distribution. Proactively develop a plan for use of gift cards through trade and/or other uses prior to each promotion. Use Open Table and other data sources to measure effectiveness and impact of the campaign;
- Develop the plan and budget, and manage the production of Center City District SIPS; use available data sources to measure effectiveness and impact of the campaign;
- Work cooperatively with Manager, Retail and Economic Development and VP of Marketing to develop marketing concepts to promote Market Street East;
- Work with the VP of Marketing and other partners on the production of various retail events;
- Work with VP of Marketing and ad agency on planning media strategy for retail promotions. Manage all aspects of executing the advertising program including trafficking of ads to the agency, documentation of ad placement (ad book), managing trade and coordination with accounting for billing;
- Track all results of events referenced above, including participation, sales impact, attendance, pedestrian counts, Open Table data, web stats, budget, etc. and issue periodic and year end reports on event success and effectiveness and ability to fulfill specific CCD goals or mission;
- Work with the VP of Business Services to incorporate, as necessary financial statistics relating to sponsored events to better ascertain CCD’s return;
- Assist with coordination of Retail attraction events such as FAM tours, PR events, and other activities in line with achieving CCD’s goals and mission, etc.;
- Assist with events involving the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator;
- Assist Director of Marketing & Events as needed with other events;
- Assist with CCD, CPDC meetings and events as needed;
- Work with part time summer employees.
These are the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a university;
- 3-5 years marketing and/or retail experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Can work evenings and weekends as needed;
- Ability to analyze data to track effectiveness of marketing efforts;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to handle multiple projects;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give to the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities normally attendant to the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he/she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell, and lift objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To learn more, visit the Manager of Retail Marketing & Events job description page. To apply, please download and complete the CCD Employment Application [PDF] then email it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please