GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Center City District a private-sector business improvement district in Center City Philadelphia, seeks a qualified and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with families and children to oversee activities at Sister Cities Park. To ensure the park rules and regulations followed in play and surrounding areas within the park, the Lead Park Attendant oversees play at the pond, garden, and fountain, requests adherence to those rules and performs light maintenance of play areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insures that park rules are followed;
- Skim debris from pond as needed throughout the shift;
- Keep pond, garden, fountain area tidy;
- Report problems immediately;
- Oversees the activities to create a safe environment for children.
These are the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
PARK LEAD DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a fun but contained atmosphere.
- Maintain order at top of the Discovery Garden, Pond and Earth Fountain.
- Ensure all safety and cleaning protocols are being followed.
- Remain calm, alert during emergencies and severe weather.
- Communicate program information and other items of interest to guest and visitor.
- Inform Director/Supervisor of daily operational needs, problems, and patron feedback.
- Attend staff meetings and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Center City District Park Attendant program.
- Work as a Team Player with co-workers and in conjunction with other department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to establish a positive rapport by using tact and discretion with guests, parents and staff.
- Ability to recognize safety concerns and provides a safe environment.
- A good knowledge of customer service philosophies and practices.
- Experienced in problem solving and dealing with irate children and adults
- Must have the ability to work outdoors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. A minimum of six months experience as parks attendant or related experience preferred.
- Some knowledge in water safety.
- General knowledge of routine maintenance procedures and techniques.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely.
- Well organized and disciplined.
- Ability to take the initiative when necessary.
- Ability to respond calmly to an emergency situation.
- Will need to work on some weekends.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, a reference check and physical and drug screening.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATION
- Must have the ability to pass First Aid/CPR certification course.
- In order to perform the duties of the position you must have the ability to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to lift up to 50 lbs., carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment; to talk; and work in outside weather conditions.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.