GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A full-time, talented and highly motivated graphic designer who will work hands-on with the creative team in all pre- and post-production aspects of Center City District’s print and digital initiatives under the direction of the Creative Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and conceptualize original pieces, including illustrations, marketing material and infographics.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products and services.
- Design and supervise production of a wide range of print and electronic materials, including but not limited to annual reports, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, invitations, maps, graphs, posters, banners, environmental signage systems, email newsletters, online advertising and websites.
- Oversee all design projects from conception to completion.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our projects.
- Coordinate and manage project timelines with interdepartmental teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Consult with outside designers, photographers and advertising professionals retained by the CCD.
- Inventory, organize and maintain a library of photographic and electronic images.
- Provide photographic assistance as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
- This position has no in-house supervisory duties, but will be required to supervise outside graphic resources, printers, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Graphic Design from a four-year college or university.
- 2-5 years’ work experience with print and interactive related design.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe CC Suite including In-Design, Illustrator, After Effects and Photoshop on a Macintosh platform.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with 3D rendering software, such as AutoCAD, SketchUp or equivalent.
- Video editing knowledge is a plus.
- Full understanding of pre-press, print production and the printing process.
- A strong eye for layout, typography and design principles.
- Understanding of information design, map design and infographics.
- Ability to take complex data and information and present it graphically in a clear, legible manner for a variety of media.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative interpersonal relationships.
- Commitment to quality.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history, child abuse clearance, drug screening, and reference check.
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give to the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities normally attendant to the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether they will be able to do this job either with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell, and lift objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please download and complete the CCD Employment Application [PDF] then email it and your resume to email@example.com.
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.