GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Center City District, a private-sector business improvement district in Center City Philadelphia, seeks an enthusiastic, motivated and detail-oriented individual to assist with the operation, and maintenance of four parks, three cafés, fountains, and ponds it owns or manages in Center City Philadelphia and also the management of the streetscape and public environment.
This position will focus on the operation and maintenance of CCD’s parks including: Dilworth Park, Three Parkway Plaza (Café Cret), Sister Cities Park and Collins Park. This position is responsible for the facilities operations and maintenance of café structures, public furniture, and all water features. Work will also include maintenance of other CCD public assets and streetscapes. The work hours will be determined depending on the season. Work schedule includes weekends and may vary seasonally. Flexibility in availability is a requirement of this position. In addition, this position may require that the facilities technician be called into work in case of emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the operation and maintenance of the CCD’s facilities, including:
- Maintenance and minor plumbing repairs;
- Maintenance and minor electrical repairs;
- Daily park services; to include opening and closing of the parks;
- Programming abilities (timers and computerized show controls);
- Inform Infrastructure Maintenance Manager and/or Director of Park Operations of other service needs; including general maintenance and repairs.
- Execute work plans, and coordinate with contractors as directed;
- Oversee the storage and handling of in-house materials and parts inventory;
- This is to include all materials and equipment stored off site at the 8th street facility.
- Ensure usage of proper safety regulations in accordance with OSHA, procedures, and practices;
- Maintain records related to assignments, projects and activities (work order system);
- The daily completion off all park check and vehicle logs;
- Assist in the coordination and removal of snow and ice during periods of inclement weather with staff and contractors, may be required to shovel snow;
- Notify management concerning the need for any repairs to water feature operations, pavement or granite, all furniture and lights inside the parks, as well as any building structure issues inside the parks;
- May be required to work outside of normal business hours including seasonal hour changes;
- Must wear uniform shirt provided by CCD.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents will be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years related professional experience;
- Electrical and plumbing certification and/or training a plus;
- Experience with light carpentry duties;
- Experience with light plumbing duties;
- Experience in all aspects of maintenance;
- The ability to operate aerial lift (certification required);
- The ability to operate forklift and electric pallet jacks (certification required);
- The ability to operated assigned work vehicle (certification required);
- The ability to operate assigned vehicle while towing a trailer (certification course being researched).
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work productively with multiple constituencies, including colleagues, public agencies, vendors, contractors, and the general public;
- Good written and communication skills;
- Ability to read schematics;
- Ability to work with basic power tools;
- Ability to work with and repair small motorized equipment;
- Able to work alone or in groups, in all weather conditions and be self-motivated;
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and or technology;
- Able to work at heights up to 35ft while using a lift;
- Proficiency with computer applications such as MS Office;
- Strong commitment to the quality of the public environment.
- Ability to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, reference check, and physical and drug screening.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, working at heights up to 35ft while using a lift, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 75 lbs. while performing job duties.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, crouch, crawl, balance, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.