GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is the senior training and human resources administrator for the Center City District. Responsibilities include managing and supervising all human resources functions, including payroll and benefits administration, vacation and other time off accruals and records, front office operations, hiring, training and termination of employees, union grievance processes for uniformed employees, workplace enrichment programs for professional staff and administering policies and procedures of management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resources Management/Legal Compliance:
- Work with the Vice President of Finance and Administration to develop and administer staffing programs, policies and procedures for the organization.
- Ensure required workforce reporting is accurate and lead resource for keeping the organization up to date with changes in human resources policies, procedures, trends and laws.
- Accurate and up to date handbooks, policies and procedures.
- Develop hiring plans and strategies for and manage recruitment of new personnel.
- Develop position descriptions with appropriate Vice Presidents.
- Ensure a qualified and diverse workforce through innovative recruitment strategies, policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with CCD and legally mandated hiring practices.
- Advise supervisory staff on appropriate approaches for corrective counseling and/or discharge.
- Supervise and Oversee payroll processing, and employment related activities.
- Assist with development of maintenance personnel job training proposals, including reentry work initiatives.
- Work with Parks and Public Spaces staff to ensure CCD parks and public spaces are staffed and managed in a first class manner.
- Supervise the Benefits and Payroll Administration Manager to ensure accurate pay and benefits
- Coordinate and conduct Onboarding sessions for new employees.
- Develop, coordinate, oversee and execute continuous enrichment programs for professional.
- Formulate recommendations of personnel policies and practices focused on different generational interests, work-life balance, employee retention and the like
- Manage program of extended leaves of absences of employees.
- Manage, develop and evolve benefits packages.
- Develop and execute initial orientation training for new hires.
- Develop and execute ongoing training plan for CSRs and CSR supervisors.
- Prepare and Participate in Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations with CCD’s.
- Develop training plan and assist in training of Parks staff.
These are the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, minimum of 10 years experience preferred.
- Post Graduate experience or degree in Human Resources or related field a plus.
- Experience with both union relations for operations staff and workplace management for professional staff a plus.
- Proven ability to lead in a setting with work cultures that vary from operations staff to professional employees.
- Experience in union contract negotiations.
- Experience with Benefit package negotiations a plus.
HOURS AND AVAILABILITY
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of Human Resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction and work cooperatively to ensure the organization operates smoothly and efficiently.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software including accounting, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database packages.
- Ability to research and educate the organization on Human Resource trends, both statutory and market based, and to make informed, supported recommendations for changes.
- Ability to efficiently respond to requests of senior staff members, make well supported recommendations and quickly follow through on decisions and implementations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Human Resources Designation – SPHR or SHRM-SCP
- In order to perform the duties of the position, the ability to sit, use fingers and hands, clearly speak and understand English are important.
Forward Cover Letter noting that you are applying for the Center City District Director of Human Resources position, Qualification Statement and/or Resumes to:
Center City District
c/o NWON Opportunities
NWON Opportunities phone: 267.945.6999
We are an EEO/AA employer.