GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and expand relationships with the developers, owner and brokers who focus on Center City’s retail and office leasing and development, stay current on business trends in both sectors, provide the data, analysis and collateral material that can support efforts to retain and attract businesses in both sectors and influence local public policy that impacts both sectors.
- Act as CCD/CPDC’s liaison to the commercial office brokerage community, real estate development firms and building owners and managers developing relationships with brokers and research staff at these firms to keep appraised of office occupancy and leasing trends; keeping track of changing ownership of major office buildings and the status of proposed new office developments and the factors that influence the competitiveness of Center City;
- Act as CCD/CPDC’s liaison to co-working space firms keeping track of the diverse occupancy within co-working space, new models for co-working and track “graduates” of these facilities as they move into traditional office space;
- Act as CCD/CPDC’s liaison to emerging technology firms in Center City keeping appraised of the firms that are leasing space in Center City and the issues that influence their ability to grow within the downtown.
RETAIL ATTRACTION PROGRAM
- Act as CCD’s liaison to the retail brokerage and development community, developing relationships with brokers and research staff at these firms to keep appraised of retail leasing trends; provide staff support for marketing efforts at the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC); coordinate details of and prep work for ICSC’s PA, NY and Las Vegas shows;
- Provide expertise and assistance to the Vice President of Marketing to develop and promote the retail sector for Center City District (CCD);
- Plan and coordinate quarterly stakeholder meetings and report on outcomes, goals and actions required for further follow up;
- Coordinate closely with Director of Research & Transportation Policy to secure pedestrian counts and surveys and package them in a form that is supportive of retail attraction efforts; routinely distribute this reports to retailers and brokers;
- Work with Research dept. to conduct customized research projects as needed for brokers, retailers, etc.;
- Work with V.P. of Marketing and Senior Manager of Retail Marketing & Events to lead the effort to coordinate programming, Public Relations, advertising, etc. to support the growth of emerging retail districts;
- Coordinate with outside consultants on opportunities for positive PR;
- Write and coordinate with members of CCD’s interactive team the publication/posting of monthly bulletins and quarterly e-mails to brokers, retailers, and other relevant contacts necessary to further develop the Center City retail sector;
- Schedule and collect agenda items for monthly PRMA communications meetings, plan the meetings and make sure attendance is appropriate;
- Work with the graphic design staff at CCD to assist in the production of retail attraction collateral. Provide expertise relating to content, layout and audience;
- Set up and conduct regular phone calls, meetings or other communications protocols with brokers and outside developers and investors to obtain leads on potential and existing vacancies and who’s looking for space to lease or buy;
- Build relationships with Center City merchant associations and mall management, attending meetings, sharing promotional opportunities etc. Work with these groups, when appropriate to shape advocacy on public spaces and real estate policy;
- Collect details on vacant spaces and research updates to be posted on web;
- Communicate collected information to the designated list on the retail committee;
- Work with public relations team and retail promotion team to give them leads on new openings;
- Work on a survey for shopping constituents which shows demand for new retail stores;
- Work with Senior Manager of Retail Marketing & Events to give input on strategy and tactics for Shop Center City Campaign;
- As needed, work non-retail marketing events, meetings, and participate in planning and budgeting processes.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with experience in Commercial Property or Retail Brokerage business, Real Estate, Planning, and/or Urban Development a plus;
- One to two years of relevant experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to identify and cultivate new prospects;
- Ability to succeed goals;
- Possess strong follow-up skills;
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
- The position requires that the employee have the ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, use of hands and fingers, and able to lift objects.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.