(January 3, 2018 through April 28, 2018)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Research Assistant is responsible for supporting Center City District’s research and analysis functions, including in-field primary data collection, analysis of data, and writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides research assistance for CCD’s annual State of Center City report, including:
- Analysis of proprietary and public data sources, including charting, graphing, and mapping of data as assigned;
- Drafting and revising written analyses for publication.
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job related skills, and perform other work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with public data access systems, including American FactFinder, BLS Databases, BEA iTables, and Open Data Philly.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience with Stata and/or ArcGIS is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow written/oral directions, work cooperatively with others, and maintain established relationships with external partners, stakeholders, clients, and vendors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- The position requires that the employee have the ability to sit, stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell, work in the elements, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Forward Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
Center City District
660 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.